Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Social Studies / Room 24 Update

Last week, I tried to post an update and ran into some technical difficulties in getting my post to upload properly, so here we are a few days later than I meant to be posting. In any case, I hope to post about once a week. I may possibly post more if there are any big activities, pictures, or assessments I wish to share about, but my goal is once a week otherwise.

We have moved solidly into our first unit regarding maps, land forms, physical features, resources, and the social motivations for human movement, map making, and location-based understandings.






We have had a few nights of light studying homework to review and reinforce our daily studies regarding map elements and land forms. I encourage the continuation of this topical review, as it will be applicable for assessments within this unit and applications in future units, as well as a useful life skill when we find ourselves without a phone or GPS. Speaking of assessments, I hope to complete the first unit assessment by the end of this current week,

I hope that everyone has had a successful transition back to school. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions regarding studies or expectations.

Thanks for following and have a great day!

-Mr. Rost


No comments:

Post a Comment